Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Wireless Help

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    8

    Wireless Help

    Another Newbie needs help:

    Here is what I get from iwconfig:

    wlan0 IEEE 802.11-b ESSID:"Wireless Hood" Nickname:"Wireless Hood"
    Mode:Managed Frequency:2.437 GHz Access Point: 00:40:05:5D:25:9B
    Bit Rate:11 Mb/s Tx-Power:2346 dBm
    Retry min limit:8 RTS thrff Fragment thrff
    Encryption keyff
    Link Quality=90/92 Signal level=-40 dBm Noise level=-97 dBm
    Rx invalid nwid:0 Rx invalid crypt:0 Rx invalid frag:0
    Tx excessive retries:0 Invalid misc:0 Missed beacon:0

    and from ifconfig:

    eth0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:E0:29:4B:40:65
    inet addr:192.168.0.150 Bcast:192.168.0.255 Mask:255.255.255.0
    inet6 addr: fe80::2e0:29ff:fe4b:4065/64 Scope:Link
    UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
    RX packets:6941 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
    TX packets:5994 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
    collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
    RX bytes:1296807 (1.2 MiB) TX bytes:741710 (724.3 KiB)
    Interrupt:11 Base address:0x1020

    lo Link encap:Local Loopback
    inet addr:127.0.0.1 Mask:255.0.0.0
    inet6 addr: ::1/128 Scope:Host
    UP LOOPBACK RUNNING MTU:16436 Metric:1
    RX packets:8 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
    TX packets:8 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
    collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
    RX bytes:480 (480.0 b) TX bytes:480 (480.0 b)

    wlan0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:0F:3D:87:8B:1D
    inet addr:192.168.0.151 Bcast:192.168.0.255 Mask:255.255.255.0
    inet6 addr: fe80::20f:3dff:fe87:8b1d/64 Scope:Link
    UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
    RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
    TX packets:97 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
    collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
    RX bytes:0 (0.0 b) TX bytes:9804 (9.5 KiB)
    Interrupt:11 Memory:c417c000-c417d000

    eth0 works fine, but I cannot get wlan0 to function.

    any suggestions? I am sure you might need other information, and I can provide it if you tell me how to find it.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    8

    Oops

    I think I've figured out what I was doing wrong.

    I forgot I've got WPA-PSK enabled on the access point / router -- now I've got to find a supplicant for that.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-31-2007, 11:20 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-14-2005, 12:09 PM
  3. No Wireless Extensions/No wireless card found?
    By sparticus in forum Laptops
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-23-2004, 12:55 AM
  4. No wireless extensions with Zonet USB wireless w/knoppix 3.4
    By dave52355 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-04-2004, 09:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$60.00



External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac picture

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac

$19.99



Dell Latitude 14

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$276.23



Seagate Desktop 1TB/1000GB SATA 3.5

Seagate Desktop 1TB/1000GB SATA 3.5" HDD Hard Drive

$29.99



1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive picture

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive

$86.95



SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM picture

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM

$159.99



Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1

$99.99



Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb

$1746.47



External Solid State Drive USB 3.2 Gen2, 1TB SSD External Hard Drive with C to A picture

External Solid State Drive USB 3.2 Gen2, 1TB SSD External Hard Drive with C to A

$100.00



EDILOCA EN880E 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4 Internal SSD for Laptop/PC picture

EDILOCA EN880E 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4 Internal SSD for Laptop/PC

$115.00