Not sure about 4.0, but there are 2 ways - try "su" or "sudo" or go to terminal, write su, than make root password with comand "passwd" . Any way, read thid first http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Root
Hi All,
I have loaded Knoppix v4.0.0-DVD and am being prompted for the root password when I try to configure eth0.
I have not set a password for root so it must be looking for the default one.
I have tried the following passords:
password, (blank), root, Knoppix.
Any help with this would be great.
Not sure about 4.0, but there are 2 ways - try "su" or "sudo" or go to terminal, write su, than make root password with comand "passwd" . Any way, read thid first http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Root
In addition to above go to menus: knoppix, config, set password for root.

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99
GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99
Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99
ASUS PRIME Z890-P WIFI Z890 LGA 1851 ATX motherboard, Intel® Core™ Ultra Series
$235.99
GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99
MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P
$71.49
Asus Prime B660M-A AC D4 Motherboard Intel LGA 1700 14th 13th 12th Gen DDR4
$79.99
ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99
ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99
Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H Motherboard
$54.99