-
Junior Member
registered user
ran update, mysql stopped working ! HELP !
(reposted from here: http://forums.linuxiso.org/viewtopic.php?t=27078) I figure this place might be able to help aswell...
Ok, I have been using knoppix for 2 years with a hard drive install.
I have the current version installed and everything seems to be working fine until I performed an update today (apt-get update && apt-get upgrade) ..
all of a sudden, mysqld is gone from my start-up list. ( so i re-added it and rebooted ), now it does not start back up even though I added it to all run levels including 3 and 5.
I try to run it manually as root and I get this error:
Code:
root@box_1:/etc/init.d# ./mysql start
Starting MySQL database server: mysqld...failed.
Please take a look at the syslog.
/usr/bin/mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed
error: 'Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)'
Check that mysqld is running and that the socket: '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' exists!
I have the binaries here:
Code:
root@box_1:/usr/sbin# whereis mysql
mysql: /usr/bin/mysql /etc/mysql /usr/share/mysql /usr/share/man/man1/mysql.1.gz
root@box_1:/usr/sbin# whereis mysqld
mysqld: /usr/sbin/mysqld /usr/share/man/man8/mysqld.8.gz
Similar Threads
-
By morbidpalooza.com in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-06-2006, 09:17 PM
-
By Abraxus in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-10-2006, 09:31 AM
-
By linuxer in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-26-2005, 01:50 PM
-
By rec9140 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-12-2003, 06:59 PM
-
By jimk in forum Networking
Replies: 7
Last Post: 10-21-2003, 11:10 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$109.99

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99

Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45
$59.99

Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch
$245.00

Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply
$7299.99

Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99
$24.99

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic
$79.86

Juniper EX3400-48T-AFI Ethernet Network Switch 48x1GbE 4x10GbE SFP+ 2x40GbE QSFP
$139.00

Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord
$174.99

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch
$79.99