Even if Ubuntu came with gnome is much more slower than knoppix/kde![]()
As I am preparing klik for use with Ubuntu, I would like to know about your experiences with it. Please post in this thread.
You need at least Breezy Badger in order for klik to run.
To install, press Alt-F2 and paste: wget klik.atekon.de/client/install -O - | sh
The klik client installs itself and prepares the system for klik.
The klik software store with thousands of applications opens itself in Firefox.
After clicking on klik://xvier, you can run the application from the desktop icon.
The following packages have been tested successfully:
klik://3dchess
klik://dia
klik://xvier
Greetings,
probono
Even if Ubuntu came with gnome is much more slower than knoppix/kde![]()
Btw, for the shadows shown in the screenshots you have to install xcompmgr and transset with apt-get, edit your /etc/X11/xorg.conf to include
and finally runCode:Section "Extensions" Option "Composite" "Enabled" EndSection
xcompmgr -cC -r7 -o.65 -l-10 -t-8 -D7 &
Greetings,
probono
Klik works fine with current kubuntu.
However, one thing I noticed is that the klik submenu in kmenu
is not updated (its empty), all .cmg files are in 'Nicht zuzuordnen' (german,
english would be something like 'not able to allocate' or 'lost and found', don't know exactly...)
Another problem is, that applications are not using hardware accelerated opengl, e.g. chromium.
Heh.....Ubuntu's like...An insult around the CRUX irc channel....."Oh....Go use Ubuntu."
I've tried using klik and it will not work work with Kubuntu live, I am not sure what the issue is. Klik installs fine, but when ever I attempt to lauch an app that has been loaded with klik I just get an x on the screen with no info...Could be an issue in the Kubuntu live cd instead of something with klik. Does anyone know of a workaround?
probono,
You asked for inpute here for Ubuntu 5.10 breezy live cd.I tried several kliks ,one being xvier.cmg and it comes back with the error/tmp/app/1/wrapper:line84:kdialog:command not found.Everthing installed fine ,all the entries in fstab.I tried gkrellm.opera,all the same results.I have klik installed on several hard drive linux installs,and works great .This is the first live cd I have tried.Have any ideas let me know,Dennis

Apple Mac Pro 2019 1TB OEM SSD Kit-832GB +128GB - 656-0122/ 656-0121
$69.99
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$545.25
External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99
SK hynix PC801 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4 x4 Internal SSD HFS512GDE9X081N
$90.00
SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99
Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99
1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95
EDILOCA EN880E 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4 Internal SSD for Laptop/PC
$115.00
fanxiang S660 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2280 Internal SSD w/ Heatsink Gray
$120.00