-
pterandon:
It is a Linux Tag version, according to the case.
Harry:
Thanks for the discussion on cable select, I had never seen what the reason for it was beyond, as you described, convenience for the manufacturer.
As I noted above, the two drives on my machine still worked together when in cable select mode, I don't think the original ribbon is IDE2 but is is split, [I thought to facilitate routing...] (how can I tell- if it's a smooth ribbon it's not, if its split with a twist it is ?.. )
I plan to put them back together with the DVD as master & CD as slave. Does it matter which is on the end of the ribbon ? (SCSI can be fussy about that....)
Similar Threads
-
By zandoval in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-05-2005, 03:39 AM
-
By Praxis in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-19-2004, 07:24 PM
-
By gradnite in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 07-11-2004, 08:54 AM
-
By poweribo in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-30-2004, 08:26 PM
-
By A. Jorge Garcia in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-08-2004, 01:35 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$95.20

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97

Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU
$229.95

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99

Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5"x25 Bay Blade Enclosure 4x1600W + 4X M640 (4X Blades)
$1599.99

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99

Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08