-
WLAN: Access Point works, but no data transmitted
I have exactly the same problem, DHCP works fine, tcpdump only shows UDP traffic, no TCP traffic at all.
I boot directly from 4.0 DVD, no custom configuration
Hardware name shown in iwconfig eth0 is ipw2100, aka, centrino 1, built-in wireless.
iwconfig output is normal. ifconfig output is normal, AP is a linksys router, open access, no encryption.
Everything used to work fine with exactly the same hardware in knoppix 3.9, 3.8, 3.7 .... etc.
I am sure I am connected to the right AP, based on the associated MAC on iwconfig
I guess the fact that UDP works fine is the reason DHCP works.
I can see broadcast traffic from other computers too with tcpdump, the problem is TCP doesn't work.
ethereal shows only UDP and ARP working. TCP output is 0 even when I try to telnet to port 80 of the router.
Similar Threads
-
By m2bord in forum Networking
Replies: 7
Last Post: 08-01-2005, 04:03 AM
-
By The Conman in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-27-2005, 01:01 AM
-
By Zuiden in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-20-2005, 04:09 AM
-
By charshep in forum Networking
Replies: 9
Last Post: 11-10-2004, 08:41 AM
-
By Nu2Knoppix in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-10-2003, 03:08 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9, Linux Professional 8.2 / 9.1 — 3 DVD Set
$58.00

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00

Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP
$299.00

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95

1U Rackmount PC Intel Core i5-2520M 8GB RAM 500GB HDD Ubuntu Linux Server
$109.99

Linux 5.2 The Complete Redhat Operating System Deluxe Secure Server 3 CD Book
$37.49

Sun Enterprise e450 400mhz cpu(x4), 4gb ram, 9gb HD w/spud most complete on ebay
$500.00

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99