-
Senior Member
registered user
changes in KDE menu not saving on the remaster
I have had good sucess with Underscore's remastering guide. However once I change the order of items on the menu or add a link to the task bar the changes are not saved when I burn the remaster. I can startx as user knoppix and the menu changes are still there.
Any Ideas?
-
Senior Member
registered user
Check /etc/skel/.kde/share/config/kickerr file. You must use absolute path - not relative path. Relative path ($HOME) is cleaned during cleaning process. Here's an example to show the difference:
Code:
right:
DesktopFile=/usr/share/applications/mozilla-firefox.desktop
wrong:
DesktopFile=$HOME/.kde/share/apps/kicker/mozilla-firefox.desktop
-tapsa-
-
Senior Member
registered user
that worked for the kicker in the task bar. Thank You! But what about changes to the menu? How can I save those?
-
ok d00d. I found this while searching for stuff and couldn't figure it out myself.
I'm using 3.9
I started up knoppix, edited my menus.
then:
cp -Rp /home/knoppix/.config <path to remaster>/etc/skel/
chown -R root.root <path to remaster>/etc/skel/.config
then I want to:
<path to remaster>/etc/rc5.d/
and made a file called S99-Custom:
#!/bin/bash
cp -Rp /etc/skel/.config /home/knoppix/
chown -R knoppix.knoppix /home/knoppix/.config
rebuilt and it worked like a charm.
ymmv.
Similar Threads
-
By UnderScore in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 102
Last Post: 10-19-2007, 02:04 PM
-
Replies: 13
Last Post: 05-26-2006, 03:35 PM
-
By maxmartin in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-19-2006, 06:19 PM
-
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-16-2004, 02:16 AM
-
By dsblank in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-13-2004, 04:09 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

MICRON MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6E1 | 32GB PC4-2666V ECC RDIMM Server RAM
$184.95

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$448.20

x4 Intel 128GB NMB1XXD128GPS Optane Memory 200 Series PMEM Module 3200 DDR4 RAM
$329.99

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

Samsung (8X32GB) 256GB 2Rx4 PC4-2933Y-RB2-12 Registered ECC Memory DDR4
$1649.99

16GB(2x 8GB) Crucial DDR3L-1600 SODIMM / Lot of 2 8GB / Laptop RAM Memory / A25
$17.99

G.Skill Flare X5 32GB (2x16GB) (DDR5-6000 DDR5 RAM Memory Cl30-38-38-96 AMD EXPO
$419.95

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98

6 in 1 USB 3.0 Type C Card Reader SD Micro SD TF OTG Memory Adapter Laptop PC US
$3.95