-
Administrator
Site Admin-
Re: Live CD for old machines - comments

Originally Posted by
pgluth1
.... It didn't configure my network without quite of bit of work....
We don't know any details about your network, but on every system I've tried that has an inexpensive router attached (except one Belkin model that I pitched) , I've been able to boot Knoppix or DSL and have been on the (wired) network with absolutely no setup at all. Routers are dirt cheap now. (Best Buy has one for $5 after rebate this week and CompUSA has an 802.11g wired/wireles on for the same price!) There are a lot of very good reasons for using a router, and at that price I can't find any reason not to.

Originally Posted by
pgluth1
Slax: Although I could get this to eventually load on my p2, it took almost 8 minutes to boot. Once booted, I couldn't get the mouse, network or much else to work.
I don't know anything about Slax, maybe this is the nature of this software on your hardware. But we've seen over and over cases where the disc boots slowly if burnt at a high speed, but works great if you burn a CD at slow speed.
Similar Threads
-
By ruymbeke in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-11-2007, 06:46 AM
-
By unckybob in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 09-23-2006, 04:50 PM
-
By Philip Ogletree in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-22-2005, 04:49 PM
-
By world in forum General Support
Replies: 8
Last Post: 07-08-2005, 12:37 AM
-
By andrei in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-10-2003, 12:39 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

NEW Cisco Meraki MS130-48P-HW 48-Port Gigabit PoE+ Cloud Manage Switch UNCLAIMED
$2999.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$240.00

Cisco C9300-48UXM-A Switch 9300 Series 48-port UPoE Network
$874.99

New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US
$17.00

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Cisco XFP-10G-MM-SR 10G XFP Transceiver
$79.89