-
Junior Member
registered user
looking for tool to en/decrypt files or text
Hi out there;
I'm looking for a tool to encrypt and later decrypt files or at least the content of text - files.
I don't want to sent the files or text by EMail - it's just for some content I don't like to save unencrypted to my hard-disk like a collection of my passwords or things like that - just in case anyone gets his hands on it.
No one but me is to know the password (-> no need for public / privat key)
In the forum I only saw different posts relating encryption in E-Mail applications.
As I found in kpackage there are alredy the gnupg*-packages installed which are frequently mentioned in these posts. Is there a way / tool I can use them for my intentions?
Is there a tool to do all this included within Knoppix? GUI - Tools would be fine but commandline is fine too.
Here an Java-example what it would be what I think of:
http://cif.rochester.edu/~la002k/solitaire.htm
My system is:
Knoppix 4.0 booted "fromhd" by loadlin in a FreeDos-Installation.
I'd like to find a solution which is easy to use and has no need to add packages (as well as this is said to be possible again with unionfs and knx 4.0)
Thanks in advance for your time & answers!
Have a nice day - poor_mans_knoppix
-
Junior Member
registered user
Just found a possible solution, which is 100% Knoppix-included in a two-year-old post.
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...ight=mnt+crypt
Stil works with KNX4.0
Is a nice solution - stil a lot of commands to type (OK, two if once setup...)
Stil the problem with the modified /etc/fstab - as I'd like to stick as close aas possible to the Live-Version of KNX...
Any other Ideas?
Similar Threads
-
By Wollongong in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-07-2010, 01:05 PM
-
By Richard Kalp in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-27-2008, 01:19 PM
-
By beerak in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-24-2006, 09:03 AM
-
By fechin in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-16-2005, 08:53 AM
-
By lmsaga in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-25-2004, 11:12 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$205.00

CISCO Services Router C891F-K9, Grade B, SKU 16188
$24.94

Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960X-48FPD-L 48-Port Gigabit Managed PoE+ Ethernet Switch
$69.99

Cisco C9200-48P-E Cisco POE Network Switch
$749.99

Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G
$75.00

Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD Module 10-2945-02 NEW CLAMSHELL
$45.50