-
Senior Member
registered user
Docking Stations
I'd imagine KNoppix would have support for docking stations...But what about other distros? I want to get a docking station when I get my laptop http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/sh...computer_store But I don't want to waste $200 if it won't work with Lunar-Linux...Are these things driven by simply mounting the devs in the dock?
-
Senior Member
registered user
Are these things driven by simply mounting the devs in the dock?
yeah pretty much. As far as I remember docking stations, if the docking station uses industry standard chipsets to get deliver functionality via a bunch of I/O ports (sound, nic, video in/out, serial usb, parallel, firewire) then you should be OK since the Linux kernel has loads of support for well known devices. Hotplug should be able to "discover" the new devices. If they use unknown chipsets or poor/no documented chipsets (*ick* Boroadcom) then you will have some difficulties.
Similar Threads
-
By probono in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-11-2004, 11:52 AM
-
By FelixDzerzhinsky in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 7
Last Post: 03-01-2004, 09:35 PM
-
By Goner in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-21-2003, 03:56 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$240.00

New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US
$17.00

Cisco C9300-48UXM-A Switch 9300 Series 48-port UPoE Network
$874.99

Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G Catalyst 3850 2 x 10GE Network Module
$30.00

nxa-pac-750w-pe v02 NEW OPEN BOX for Cisco Nexus 9300 Series power supply
$200.00

Cisco Catalyst C9120AXI-B Wi-Fi 6 Access Points
$30.00