-
Knoppix Live CD will not boot on my laptop
I bought a book called Linux for dummies which came with a liveCD that contains Knoppix. I boot Knoppix from the LiveCD because I only have 1 hard drive. When installing Knoppix it reaches a certain point something about DHCP and IP and does not load any further. I am a newbie and had some spare time so I wanted to learn about Linux and other os than Windows...
I am wondering if it is because I only have 1 hard drive and have not made a partition for Knoppix? I also have some confusion with what exactly and ISO file is... I believe its just a file that can covert something like a file to a cd or dvd ..
Please Please someone respond and help me I have no clue what is wrong!! If you need me to give you specific info about my computer to help me fix the problem my email address is [email protected]
Thanks
Similar Threads
-
By crgaylor in forum Laptops
Replies: 5
Last Post: 01-08-2009, 02:34 PM
-
By Chris2222 in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-24-2008, 06:44 PM
-
By zillah in forum Laptops
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-18-2008, 02:59 PM
-
By mapmatthew in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-21-2005, 03:05 PM
-
By bxb32001 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 6
Last Post: 02-27-2004, 09:08 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

RARE NEW Leading Edge Model DC-2014 Keyboard Vintage PC Keystroke Sound ALPS
$349.95

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP
$299.99

Vintage Computer Keyboard Northgate OMNIKEY Ultra
$120.00

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99

Vintage Used Computer Motherboard Dell Dimension 2400
$80.00

VINTAGE HEWLETT PACKARD HP 110 LAPTOP WITH CARRYING CASE
$350.00

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

Very Rare MAI Basic Four 4309 EVDT Terminal Keyboard 400433-001 Vintage 1983
$349.95

Vintage Hewlett Packard HP 13181-60074 Circuit Card Assembly / Interface Board.
$135.37

VINTAGE COLLECTIBLE Comp USA Maxtor 20 GB 3.5 Inch EIDE Hard Drive NEW SEALED
$500.00