-
need to move files from one part of drive to another
I'm trying to recover a WinXP installation.
Currently it simply gives me the option to boot into various Safe Modes. selecting any leads to some sort of reboot and again the prompt.
I've tried the recovery console but after doing that it stopped the error message i was getting but boot me in the safe mode cycle describe above.
My plan is to reinstall WinXP over the current WinXP. However that will delete the current user folder which is what i need to save. I figure (tell me if I'm wrong) if i put the "My Documents" folder i want in the root of my 'c' drive i should be able to install WinXP on the C Drive from there and then copy the My Documents folder to replace the system default one and all will be well again?
My problem with this plan is that apparently I don't have permissions enough to move anything on my drives. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this. I'm sure there must be a way to be able to move things around on the drives even if it won't solve my problem.
Similar Threads
-
By Peter42y in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-11-2007, 12:28 AM
-
By Kehart25 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-03-2006, 06:19 PM
-
By Loafy in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-06-2005, 07:57 PM
-
By omega in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-30-2005, 07:46 PM
-
By bubazoo in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-21-2003, 05:19 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99

IBM 02YC027 Seagate ST2400MM0129 2.4TB 10K SAS 12Gb/s 2.5" Server Hard Drive
$200.00

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99

IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server Intel Xeon E5630 4GB DDR3 No HDD
$279.99

Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs
$49.99

IBM Server Rackmount Sliding Rail Kit ( Part Numbers: 00D9375 / 00D9374 )
$24.99