-
Hangs loading X
Knoppix seems to be loading okay, informs me that X is starting.
Then a strange looking screen with the planet earth, an astronaut, skip track/play controls(just an image, of course), and a Knoppix logo appears. Eventually a mouse cursor comes up and I can use it fine.
But then it just sits. There are no signs of a Window Manager trying to start, and no keys or mouseclicks do anything. I can access the other TTY's and they seem usable, but very slow.
Neither the CDRom nor the Hard Drive show any access.
I've searched this forum and the internet, and can't find anything specifically about this issue.
I have Athlon 1800+, NVidia Geforce MX440, TDK CD-Rom, Asus A7V266 motherboard, no strange hardware I can think of. I have successfully installed numerous other distros without any problems.
I would appreciate any help you can provide.
Thanks,
Johnnabn
Similar Threads
-
By btiend in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 09-09-2009, 10:50 PM
-
By sebiklamar in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-20-2006, 07:42 PM
-
By Nordwin in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-28-2005, 08:04 PM
-
By jimmyjrosu in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 7
Last Post: 03-12-2005, 08:26 PM
-
By mkyb14 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-14-2004, 07:44 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

ASUS PRIME Z890-P WIFI Z890 LGA 1851 ATX motherboard, Intel® Core™ Ultra Series
$235.99

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P
$71.49

MSI - B550M PRO-VDH WIFI (Socket AM4) AMD B550 MATX DDR4 Wi-Fi 6 Motherboard ...
$89.99

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99

ASRock IMB-X1314 LGA 1700 Intel W680 DDR4 Quad display Micro-ATX Motherboard
$351.99