Knoppix works fine on my USB optical mouse (actually on several). Maybe you have some other problem, or maybe the particular brand of mouse you have is Linux hostile.
Well, when I boot with knoppix, the light on my microsoft explorer usb mouse is on but when the computer has booted up the mouse doesn't work at all. The buttons don't work and I can't move the mouse either.
I read that someone had some kind of problems with an wireless mouse but none about a "normal" usb mouse. How can I make the mouse to work.
And btw, If I pull out it from usb and put it back how can I reactivate it in knoppix, 'cause knoppix obvioisly doesn't support by default this windows automatic configuration on the fly method.
EDIT: At the boot-up knoppix says that it didn't find any mice from the default location.
Knoppix works fine on my USB optical mouse (actually on several). Maybe you have some other problem, or maybe the particular brand of mouse you have is Linux hostile.

Samsung 860 EVO 2TB 2.5" SATA III 3D NAND SSD MZ-76E2T0 94-100% Health
$207.00
Samsung Galaxy 9.6'' Tablet - E SM-T560NU - Black - 16GB Gray | For Parts
$35.99
Samsung PM43H 43" Commercial Display READ
$300.00
Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3/ 64 gig/WIFI
$85.00
RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99
RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99
RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99
Samsung SCXSTP000, SCX-STP000 (Swingline Staple Cartridge - 3 Refills)
$57.99
T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy 64GB Tab A9+ 5G SM-X218U - New Open Box
$120.00
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00