Knoppix works fine on my USB optical mouse (actually on several). Maybe you have some other problem, or maybe the particular brand of mouse you have is Linux hostile.
Well, when I boot with knoppix, the light on my microsoft explorer usb mouse is on but when the computer has booted up the mouse doesn't work at all. The buttons don't work and I can't move the mouse either.
I read that someone had some kind of problems with an wireless mouse but none about a "normal" usb mouse. How can I make the mouse to work.
And btw, If I pull out it from usb and put it back how can I reactivate it in knoppix, 'cause knoppix obvioisly doesn't support by default this windows automatic configuration on the fly method.
EDIT: At the boot-up knoppix says that it didn't find any mice from the default location.
Knoppix works fine on my USB optical mouse (actually on several). Maybe you have some other problem, or maybe the particular brand of mouse you have is Linux hostile.

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61
External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99
Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99
Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1746.47
Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$102.99
Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot
$129.99
Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070
$1469.00
Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$24.99
1TB Portable External Hard Drive USB 3.0 Storage Backup for PC Mac Laptop
$32.99