-
XP boot issue
Hello everyone. I'm sure most of you have touched on this topic before and I did search your achives for help, but being computer iliterate doesn't help.
My problem is this.
I have a 20 month old Compaq laptop model 2190 and its running Windows XP Home edition (service pack2). The other day when I came to work it wouldn't complete booting. It stops right before I'm to enter my password. Blue background with the Windows logo. I have tried booting from Safe Mode and other modes from within. I have tried using the reapir disk that came with the computer but its asking for the Administrators password. I never entered such password and can't get past it. My brother in-law suggested Knoppix. I was finally able to download version 3.8 onto a CD-R but nothing happens when I ask the computer to boot from CD-ROM. The drive is spinning but I'm NOT being asked to "press any key to boot from CD-drive". I gently resumes to the blue screen with the Windows logo. I'm not afraid to download, install, make changes, upgrade and repair. I just haven't had a reason to in the past.
Needless to say, I'd like to save all my work files before any refomatting. I must have read 20 pages today regarding Knoppix and how to burn as an images and what not. Much of it doesn't make much sense to me. I now have an ISO file on a CD-R taking up roughly 700MB. What do you suggest I do.
Sincerely,
Kenneth Rasmussen
Similar Threads
-
By Elwood55 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-06-2007, 12:59 AM
-
By Imdbombboarder in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 10
Last Post: 05-18-2006, 07:21 AM
-
By jacksonon in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-04-2006, 02:17 AM
-
By Cronos55 in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-05-2003, 06:19 PM
-
By deftblake in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-22-2003, 12:25 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU
$11.00

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49

Intel Xeon E5-2690 v4 SR2N2 14 Core 2.6GHz 35MB LGA2011-3 CPU *km
$15.99

Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor
$14.49

Dell Precision T5820 950W Workstation 4.00GHz W-2125 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$144.98

Intel Xeon E5-2680 V2 2.8GHz 10-Core 25MB 8GT/s SR1A6 LGA2011 B Grade Server CPU
$7.95