-
Runs on K6-2 500 AX59pro but not on Athlon xp1800+ K7vmm
Hi. I downloaded and burned the Knoppix cd yesterday and it loads fine on my old machine: AMD K6-2 500, Ax59pro, 320MB, 6 & 30 GIG, Liteon CD, AOpen CRW1232pro, SB 16, Diamond Stealth S111 540 AGP,...
It won't load on my newer machine: Athlon XP1800+, ECS K7VMM, 256MB, 40 GIG, Liteon DVD, Atapi CD-RW, integrated audio and lan, ATI TV Wonder, SIS 315 AG AGP,...
I have tried many of the cheat codes and when I use vga=normal I get as far as: uncompressing Linux...OK, booting the kernel. Nothing after that. Failsafe gets me to a page of text with: ESR value before enabling vector : 00000002. The cursor blinks at the bottom of this page and then nothing else happens. Most of the other codes get me to: loading vmlinu2.........loading miniroot.gz............ then I just get a pale green screen and nothing else. I'm sure hoping someone can help me out. Thanks. PS: I tried disabling the sound and the TV Wonder card too.
Similar Threads
-
By Juste in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-22-2004, 09:51 AM
-
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-25-2004, 04:21 PM
-
By TyphoonMentat in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-03-2004, 10:10 PM
-
By spydie in forum General Support
Replies: 23
Last Post: 12-30-2003, 06:49 AM
-
By cul971 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-10-2003, 01:02 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$288.00

pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$184.99

Fortinet FortiGate FG-40F Network Security Firewall NO RACK EARS
$49.99

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance
$155.75

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN
$278.99

Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J
$40.00

Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed
$202.50

NETGEAR ProSafe 8-Port Gigabit VPN Firewall FVS318G NEW IN BOX
$69.99