-
System freezes when starting Gnome
I've got a problem. I rebooted my system, and it has never re-booted fully. The last line on the screen is:
Starting GNOME Display Manager: gdm
it has been on that line, with the cursor blinking for about an hour now. I have no idea what to do. I've got KnoppMyth R5A16
UPDATE:
Okay -- I am able to get into the system using SSH from another computer -- but every command takes about 5 minutes to execute. The monitor on the frozen/slow system STILL remains on the line I noted above. Any suggestions?
-
Update
The system finally finished booting-up, after 6 hours.
Now I'm re-booting to see if it will occur again, and it's definitely S L O W -- now it's stuck on:
Starting internet superserver: inetd.
I think once it boots up I'll just install Debian, without Knoppix. and I figured out I was running Linux mythtv 2.6.11.9-chw-2
-
Senior Member
registered user
strange booting issues & system slowness are usually (usually) atributed to a bad CDR. Please read through all the questions in the Donwnloading FAQ as there are ways to make usre you have a perfect burn. http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Downloading_FAQ
-
I've read through the issues regarding bad burns. I do not believe that is the problem, as the system has been running for at least 10 days without a problem.
I'll keep working on it.
Thanks.
Similar Threads
-
By MikeAA in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-17-2006, 01:44 PM
-
By Jamesc359 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-07-2005, 08:22 PM
-
By paradigm_shift in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-15-2005, 05:09 AM
-
By sleepingmonk in forum Laptops
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-06-2005, 11:02 PM
-
By kriko in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 13
Last Post: 11-18-2003, 06:38 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i
$228.00

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00

G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only
$200.00

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.19

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

NVME M.2 Adapter Card PCIE X16 Splitter Expansion Controller 4-Disk Soft RAID
$24.43

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00