-
Folks, lets not have a flame war here. BitTorrent isn't the only download mechanism on the planet - the last post makes it sound like my democratic, linux-spirited obligation to use BitTorrent to help others. I simply want to download the DVD, like thousands of others souls I am sure. I shouldn't have to install new software and then start serving my downloads in order to do that.
Linux is all about free choice, and I am exercising just one such choice. The great strength of all of the linux distros I have used is the friendly and helpful nature of their user groups. I am not some mean spirited drudge who would begrudge others my time and help. I post as many solutions and helpful hints as requests for help. I take the linux approach very seriously - freedom of choice, helping others and so on.
rsync *is* a supported method (one of several, granted, but certainly a supported method) and one offered by many mirrors. Is no one willing to extend a helping hand, instead of berating me for not being public spirited enough?
Similar Threads
-
By jefro in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-22-2008, 11:48 PM
-
By andy1027 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-04-2007, 06:30 PM
-
By Nils_ in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-08-2004, 10:58 AM
-
By saravanan in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-24-2004, 05:42 AM
-
By DodgeV83 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-09-2003, 07:45 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed
$69.95

Vintage 1998 iMac G3 M4984 Mac OS + Keyboard Working but Needs Some Repair Read
$295.00

Apple Power Macintosh PowerPC 7300/200 VTG w Keyboard Mouse Storage Drive Read
$199.99

Apple Macintosh DuoDock Duo Dock M7779 & Powerbook 230 Vintage Mac RARE Vintage
$249.00

Apple Macintosh Quadra 605 Vintage Desktop Computer, Model M1476 Untested
$299.00

LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED
$80.00

185--Sonnet Crescendo G3 PPCG3-375-5-K-06 G3 Add-On Card for Vintage Mac
$99.00

Retro Vintage Apple M0110A Compact Wired Mechanical keyboard for Macintosh Plus
$64.95

Apple Macintosh Classic M1420 Vintage All-in-One Desktop Computer
$95.00

Mixed Lot Vintage Mac Windows media / Graphics / Sound Software - CDs 37 Pieces
$40.99