-
Here are the exact commands I used to download the DVD iso file from ftp.gwdg.de using rsync. From a linux prompt (I was running Cygwin under WinXP), enter
rsync rsync://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/knoppix/dvd/
This produces a directory listing in the form of ls -l. From the listing select the file to download. I wanted the English DVD iso file, so I used
rsync rsync://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/knoppix/dvd/KNOPPIX_V4.0DVD-2005-08-16-EN.iso ~/KNOPPIX/
The only two spaces in this line are after the first 'rsync' and before the '~'. This started the download into a subdirectory /KNOPPIX/. rsync gave no status updates, only a final statement of the size of file transmitted. However, I could use Windows Explorer to check on the file status and saw that it was getting larger all the time. I also used Windows performance monitor to graph the "bytes received/sec" and saw that the file was delivered in clumps.
If you don't use ftp.gwdg.de, be sure to check the file size in the listing from your selected site. It should be 3324309504 bytes. I downloaded a file with the same name from another mirror site, and when I burned it, it turned out to be Mandrake Linux!
The download took about 17 hours using cable internet connection. I then burned a DVD and it works fine.
Good luck
Similar Threads
-
By jefro in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-22-2008, 11:48 PM
-
By andy1027 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-04-2007, 06:30 PM
-
By Nils_ in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-08-2004, 10:58 AM
-
By saravanan in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-24-2004, 05:42 AM
-
By DodgeV83 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-09-2003, 07:45 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.50

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

computer memory ddr4 SDRAM
$300.00

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK
$799.00

*LOT OF 4* 32GB SK Hynix HMA84GR7MFR4N-TF DDR4-2133 ECC RDIMM PC4-17000 2Rx4
$674.99

LOT OF 3 Micron 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-3200AA DDR4 ECC Server Memory
$255.00

SK Hynix 8GB 1RX4 PC4-2133P-RC0-10 Registered Server RAM HMA41GR7MFR4N-TF TD AB
$34.99