-
Senior Member
registered user
My daughter has been using an iPod mini (since Christmas, as it was her Christamas present from me) with a PC I chucked together from spares mostly just for this particular job. I formatted the iPod for use with Windows using a borrowed laptop from work and the Apple software. This seemed like a safer option that using Linux tools although I have read this has been done (I don't like risk, Windows is a fine utilty.....). I added a firewire card to the PC bought off eBay for less than £10, I had to make a couple of entries in fstab and then installed gtkpod, with a few changes to preferences, I basically had it working. Getting audio from CD is a case of using RipperX, but you need the lame encoder, not toolame (which encodes to mp2) - all in all, a good job, automount, auto backup and so far, no corruption to the iPod.
All of this was a better solution than buying Windows XP, or buying OSX upgrade for her mother's Mac..... both of which were options.
Let me know if you need more info' - most of what I managed to do was with help of other people and Google links.
Stoo.....
Similar Threads
-
By plener in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-21-2005, 11:51 PM
-
By evan in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 16
Last Post: 07-07-2005, 10:09 PM
-
By hampton275 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-22-2004, 06:27 PM
-
By PatrickH in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-01-2004, 07:51 PM
-
By jb_davis in forum General Support
Replies: 13
Last Post: 06-17-2004, 02:31 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE
$214.99

SanDisk 1.6TB SSD SAS 2.5" 12Gbps Server Hard Drive SDLTOCKR-016T-5CA1 12G
$257.00

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

SAMSUNG SSD 512GB 500GB 480GB 256GB 250GB 240GB SSD 2.5 Solide State Drive 6Gbps
$37.99

Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health
$24.00

128TB External SSD Solid State Drive Hard Drive Disk PC Phones Mac Games Videos
$77.90

Samsung 870 EVO 1TB, 2.5 inch Internal SSD
$135.00