Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 13 of 13

Thread: Download manager

  1. #11
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Rosario, Argentina
    Posts
    40
    Sorry, I should have thanked kirol. I was excited with the results.

    So now, thank you, kirol.

  2. #12
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Rosario, Argentina
    Posts
    40
    I did it in my very first try!!!
    It's fantastic.

    With just a single sentence in the command line, namely

    I downloaded some 14 000 files: 12 000 tango lyrics and 2000 cooking recipes.

    I'm ready now to download book collections, my aim at this endeavour.

    Thank you for your help and crystal clear explanations.

    However (there's always a "however", isn't it?), I find it uncomfortable that the process develops by itself and I'm blind about what's going on. I don't get any progress report, no percent advance bar, no idea how long it will take to finish. I have to go by roundabout ways such as exploring the destiny directory and see the files being added, just to know it's working.

    Perhaps with a deeper study of the wget manual (that I ought to do anyhow), I might find a solution to this. But probably somebody who reads this might give me a hand and suggest me what to do.

    By the way, it is refreshng to return to the CLI after so many years. I used it in DOS before the Windows era.

  3. #13
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Rosario, Argentina
    Posts
    40
    With a little further look at the wget commands, I found out:

    --progress=bar

    That does the trick and keeps me informed of the advance of the job.

    Thanks again for your help.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Login Manager - How to set?
    By linux_Fred in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-23-2005, 03:23 PM
  2. device manager
    By upnorth in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-06-2005, 02:32 AM
  3. rpm manager
    By alphaepsilonlamda in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-21-2004, 08:55 PM
  4. Which Files Manager do you use?
    By Coume in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-21-2003, 07:35 AM
  5. The baddest download manager in the world.
    By rickenbacherus in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-28-2003, 11:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


AMD Ryzen 7 9850X3D 8-Core 16-Thread 5.6GHz 120W AM5 CPU 100-100001973WOF picture

AMD Ryzen 7 9850X3D 8-Core 16-Thread 5.6GHz 120W AM5 CPU 100-100001973WOF

$435.99



Lenovo ThinkCentre M710Q Micro Intel Core i5-7500T 2.7GHz 8GB RAM No AC/HDD/OS picture

Lenovo ThinkCentre M710Q Micro Intel Core i5-7500T 2.7GHz 8GB RAM No AC/HDD/OS

$69.99



Lenovo ThinkPad T14S Gen 1 8-Core 4750U 1.70 GHz 512 GB SSD 16 GB RAM Win11Pro picture

Lenovo ThinkPad T14S Gen 1 8-Core 4750U 1.70 GHz 512 GB SSD 16 GB RAM Win11Pro

$240.00



AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1) picture

AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)

$189.00



(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray picture

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray

$174.99



Apple MacBook Pro 13 2020 M1 8-Core CPU, 8-Core GPU, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Silver picture

Apple MacBook Pro 13 2020 M1 8-Core CPU, 8-Core GPU, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Silver

$550.00



Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake 8-Core, 16-Thread, 3.6 GHz (LGA 1151) picture

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake 8-Core, 16-Thread, 3.6 GHz (LGA 1151)

$189.99



Apple Macbook Pro 13

Apple Macbook Pro 13" M1 8-Core 16GB 512GB - Good

$464.99



Intel Core i9-9900K 3.60GHz 8-Core 16-Thread LGA1151 Desktop CPU SRG19 picture

Intel Core i9-9900K 3.60GHz 8-Core 16-Thread LGA1151 Desktop CPU SRG19

$200.00



Grade A HP ProBook 445 G8 14' Notebook - AMD Ryzen 5 5600U Hexa-core 8GB 256GB picture

Grade A HP ProBook 445 G8 14' Notebook - AMD Ryzen 5 5600U Hexa-core 8GB 256GB

$429.99