Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Windows XP Video Driver

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1

    Windows XP Video Driver

    Hi

    I am brand new to Knoppix (and Linux) and think it's great! I'm very excited to be learning. I have successfully burned the boot CD and it works! But I have no idea what I'm doing.... ;(

    I would like to know if it's possible to get a better video resolution. I'm currently using the 640x480 with 100Hz refresh. The display has obvious redraw problems, scrolling leaves artifacts and the whole screen "shakes" back-and-forth and gives me a headache in 30 seconds. I have tried all of the video modes available in "Display - Control Center."

    Is this a refresh rate problem? I have only 2 options for refresh: 100 Hz(640x480 & 800x600) and 101 Hz (for 1024x76. They all act the same.

    I'm using an EMachines T2385:

    2.3-GHz Celeron CPU, 512MB of DDR266 SDRAM, Windows XP Professional, 80GB hard drive, 16X DVD-ROM drive, 48X/24X/48X CD-RW drive, integrated Intel Extreme graphics using main memory, 17-inch EMachines EView 17f monitor, AC-97 sound card, EMachines SP-20A speakers, network adapter, V.92 modem, Minitower case.

    Thank you!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY USA
    Posts
    1,510
    It sounds like Knoppix is doing the best it can at autodetecting the video hardware (perhaps getting it wrong) & then setting a resolution & refresh rate that is not good for you. Try booting knoppix with some Cheat Codes, such as:
    knoppix screen=800x600 xvrefresh=60
    knoppix screen=1024x768 xvrefresh=85

    I hope this helps.
    James

Similar Threads

  1. video card driver update
    By logicmaster2003 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-11-2006, 01:51 AM
  2. Change video driver
    By Matth in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-21-2004, 08:10 PM
  3. Video driver problem on very old pc
    By obsoleto in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-18-2004, 03:21 PM
  4. ATI Video Card driver
    By Stas in forum General Support
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-13-2004, 03:18 PM
  5. S3 Savage KM133 video driver
    By ProDJ Tech in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-24-2004, 04:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$100.00



Western Digital Blue 3D NAND 500GB Internal 2.5

Western Digital Blue 3D NAND 500GB Internal 2.5" SSD - WDS500G2B0A

$49.99



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -

$36.99



Samsung 250GB SSD 850 EVO 2.5

Samsung 250GB SSD 850 EVO 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive MZ7LN250 MZ-75E250

$25.99



Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot

$549.00



Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive picture

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive

$42.99



2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON picture

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON

$28.00



Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD picture

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD

$129.99



Intel Solid-State Drive DC S3500 Series 240GB Internal 2.5

Intel Solid-State Drive DC S3500 Series 240GB Internal 2.5" (SSDSC2BB240G4P) SSD

$29.99



Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot

$75.99