There is an S3 xserver that should work for your Savage. Have a look in /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 and see which one you're using.
Hi everyone!
First, sorry for my bad english.
I have Knoppix V32 on CD and it works just fine. I had installed it on my hdd. (hda1=Win2000; hda4=RedHat 9.0 with grub; hda6=Knoppix)
I've not installed lilo for knoppix. I just copy the image (vmlinuz-2.4.20-xfs in /boot from Red Hat9.0 and added an line in grub.conf)
Everythink seems to work OK, but when is about to enter in KDE, the screen flickers for few times, the mouse pointer is an big white square and everythink bloks. (CTRL+ALT+F1, ... not work).
My video card is an S3 Trio 3D/2x. Strange is that when I boot from Knoppix CD it works perfect.
Please tell me what I made wrong.
Thanks.
![]()
There is an S3 xserver that should work for your Savage. Have a look in /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 and see which one you're using.

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer
$2999.99
Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503
$109.99
1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates
$36.00
Retro Working Macintosh SE SE30 Analog Board 820-0206-B 630-0147 w/Power Supply
$107.95
Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare
$179.00
Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board
$24.99
Vintage Donner Scientific Analog Computer Patch Cords Banana Plugs & Resistor
$100.00
Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+
$209.99
Rare Vintage CH Product Mach III Analog Joystick for Apple Mac
$35.00
VINTAGE Apple Unidisk Analog Card - Circa 1986 | P/N 820-0190-A
$22.67