I've got the 9300 with the CDRW/DVD combo and 17in WUXGA display/nVidia GeForce 6800 Go with the Intell 2200BG wireless NIC. Here is what does not work:
-CDRW/DVD will not work in the hard drive install of Knoppix (v3.9) - but it of course worked with the live cd boot
-nVidia card is using default drivers so it's only at 1024x768...I'd love to get it up to it's native 1920x1200
-Can't get to Intel 2200BG to work at all
I've been here: http://fluffi.info/inspiron9300/single/ and run through the proceses there but had little luck. Any ideas? Thanks!

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00
KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99
Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99
KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42
VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57
$8.00
$7.00
Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.58