Can someone please clear something up for me? What version is the DVD? Is it 4.0 or 4.01? The splashscreens and in other places say it's 4.0, On Konqueror it says 4.01 I downloaded the English version from Kernel.Org (California, USA) Thanks
Can someone please clear something up for me? What version is the DVD? Is it 4.0 or 4.01? The splashscreens and in other places say it's 4.0, On Konqueror it says 4.01 I downloaded the English version from Kernel.Org (California, USA) Thanks
The German DVD that was distributed at Linux-TAG is 4.0. The BitTorrent tracker is calling the newer English and German 3.09 gig ISO's 4.0 as well, but they are really 4.0.1 (Klaus calls them 4.0.1, and that settles it for me). They do indeed display 4.0 on some of the artwork.Originally Posted by 6Fingers
Klause has announced that there will be a fix for the bugs in 4.0.1 and that the frixed Knoppix will be called 4.0.2. I wouldn't be surprised if the artwork still showed 4.0 (actually I would be surprised if it changed).
Of course, these are all for the DVD version. The CD version is not released yet. It was to be 4.0.1, but I expect it will be 4.0.2 as well.
This is actually better than some of the older systems. I have several different versions of Knoppix 3.1, with different things on the CD! The only thing that distinguished them was the date on the ISO file, they were all version 3.1 as far as they were labeled. So adding the minor revision number is a nice touch, but I expect thet 4.0.2 will still be called 4.0 for short.

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00
INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR
$23.00
INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99
Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor
$175.00
Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99
AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00
Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$67.99
Intel SR3XE Core i5-8500 3.0GHz 9M Socket 1151 6-Core CPU Processor *Tested*
$32.99
LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5
$768.00
Intel SRF90 Xeon Gold 6248 2.50GHz 20 Core LGA 3647 Server CPU Processor
$55.99