Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: USB detection

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5

    USB detection

    I am using a BAFO BF-810 USB to serial converter. The problem is, it is not detected on bootup. It works fine if I unplug it and plug it back in again. However, I am using the computer remotely, so I can't be there to plug it in every time. How can I make this device be detected at startup?

    I am using Knoppix 3.9, and I have found that I can load the correct driver in a startup script:
    Code:
    insmod /lib/modules/2.6.11/kernel/drivers/usb/serial/usbserial.ko
    But I don't know how to tell Knoppix to scan for the new device after loading this driver. It still won't recognize it until I replug the device.

    Thanks in advance!!!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Saint Louis, MO, USA
    Posts
    376

    Re: USB detection

    Quote Originally Posted by g6con
    But I don't know how to tell Knoppix to scan for the new device after loading this driver. It still won't recognize it until I replug the device.
    Skimming through the man pages makes me thing that "hotplug" may be what you are looking for. In particular, try hotplug-knoppix.

    Another command that may be worth a shot is "hwsetup -p".

    Let us know if those work.

    Regards,
    - Robert
    http://www.cwelug.org

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5
    I found that I also had to insmod a driver called pl2303.ko. That got it to work.

    Thanks

Similar Threads

  1. usb detection
    By adityaj in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-10-2007, 06:04 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-13-2005, 06:13 PM
  3. Hardware detection
    By jcostello in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-24-2004, 01:33 AM
  4. Hardware Detection
    By staverts in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-28-2003, 06:48 AM
  5. Wireless Detection...DI-614+
    By -=NTL=- in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-22-2003, 06:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel  Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD picture

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD

$1299.99



IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM

$179.99



IBM 43W0331 System x3550 Server Board LGA771 DDR2 16 DIMM RJ-45 picture

IBM 43W0331 System x3550 Server Board LGA771 DDR2 16 DIMM RJ-45

$49.00



IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon  E5620 picture

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620

$199.99



IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES picture

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES

$108.92



IBM Power S824 12Bay 4U Server - 2x Power8 CPU, 512GB DDR4, MT: 8286-42A picture

IBM Power S824 12Bay 4U Server - 2x Power8 CPU, 512GB DDR4, MT: 8286-42A

$1731.00



IBM 02YC027 Seagate ST2400MM0129 2.4TB 10K SAS 12Gb/s 2.5

IBM 02YC027 Seagate ST2400MM0129 2.4TB 10K SAS 12Gb/s 2.5" Server Hard Drive

$200.00



Compaq ProLiant 1500R 5/100 rack server, Series 3155, with IBM 2.1GB HD, VINTAGE picture

Compaq ProLiant 1500R 5/100 rack server, Series 3155, with IBM 2.1GB HD, VINTAGE

$295.00



Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For  RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series picture

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series

$375.00



Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs picture

Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs

$49.99