-
Stops booting after auto config
Alrighty, so I downloaded knoppix, to letyou know off hand. I have never used linux in my life before. So a freind guided me through it. When I first tryed it I would just get a black screen after the boot prompt. Then I was given some cheats, and the only one that would get me past the first thing that shows up which would be
"uncompressing linux, ok, booting kernel"
would be the cheat "failsafe" and that would bring me right up to all the funky coloured text. Once I got there there was a thing called auto configuration, it had a green loading bar, the bar would load, the blinking cursor would go the the next line. Then taht would be it. It would stop. Im not sure what I can do. Any help would be much appreciated.
Similar Threads
-
By liviu in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-15-2007, 06:34 PM
-
By rgruhn in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 24
Last Post: 11-02-2005, 05:30 AM
-
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-24-2005, 12:03 AM
-
By davidhalo2 in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-28-2004, 03:01 PM
-
By madLyfe in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-23-2003, 07:37 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99

NVIDIA Jetson TK1 + Intel NUC Compute Cluster Tray w/ Netgear 16-Port Switch
$499.99

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00

VA Linux 1120 1U Rackmount Server
$100.00

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00

Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$649.00

Microsoft SQL Server 2022 Standard 24 Core unlimited CAL Retail License Package
$199.00

BOSGAME E4 Air Mini PC, AMD Ryzen 5 3500U 8GB DDR4 256GB SATA SSD
$169.99

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99