I assume the sound output of your tv card goes through line in. Try KMix to deselect line in.
I love the new Knoppix DVD but have a problem I haven't encountered with any other distro of Linux - previous Knoppix included:
I have an old ATI TV Card in my computer and when my machine boots with Knoppix, it "senses" the card and immediate begins playing TV sound. If I try to load the TV software xawtv, the software works flawlessly - as good as the MS software that was made for the card. However, if I close the program, the sound stays on until I turn off the machine.
Of course I could mute it, but finding out how to fix the problem is so much more fun.
I assume the sound output of your tv card goes through line in. Try KMix to deselect line in.

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00
Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99
256GB SATA III 2.5" SSD Solid State Drive - High-Speed Storage Upgrade
$75.99
Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99
Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned
$29.00
2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00
Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99
SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL SOLID STATE DRIVE
$189.99
Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot
$119.99