Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: "bootfrom=" cheatcode with 4.0 dvd ISO image?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Posts
    2

    "bootfrom=" cheatcode with 4.0 dvd ISO image?

    I used an an ISO image on hard disk to boot 3.7 and 3.9 with the "bootfrom=" cheat code. I have an ISO image of 4.0 on my disk now. I can boot the same image from a DVD fine, but when I try to boot from the image on the hard disk, I get a message telling me that there are two images there, and it fails back tro the DVD for boot.

    After poking around a bit, I see there is /cdrom/KNOPPIX and /cdrom/KNOPPIX2 on the dvd.

    Any one have a way to make the "bootfrom=" cheatcode work with the DVD ISO image?

    Thanks
    Star Gazer

  2. #2
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Menlo Park, California
    Posts
    674

    Re: "bootfrom=" cheatcode with 4.0 dvd ISO image?

    Quote Originally Posted by star_gazer09
    I used an an ISO image on hard disk to boot 3.7 and 3.9 with the "bootfrom=" cheat code. I have an ISO image of 4.0 on my disk now. I can boot the same image from a DVD fine, but when I try to boot from the image on the hard disk, I get a message telling me that there are two images there, and it fails back tro the DVD for boot.
    After poking around a bit, I see there is /cdrom/KNOPPIX and /cdrom/KNOPPIX2 on the dvd.
    Any one have a way to make the "bootfrom=" cheatcode work with the DVD ISO image?
    Thanks, Star Gazer
    Done, look in here: http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...1796&start=250
    Please let me know if it works for you as well.
    Best Regards,
    Gilles

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Posts
    2
    I checked that thread, and it seemed to concentrate on using grub to boot an image from a hard disk without using the DVD rom. I'm just trying to boot the image using the dvd in the drive as I had before.

    If I read the thread correctly, in order to do that I'd have to remaster the image and change the init script?

    Sorry, I've mostly been a programmer and user, not making custom installs.

    Thanks for the reference,
    sg9

Similar Threads

  1. "bootfrom" cheatcode not working in K3.8 CeBIT edi
    By tbobz in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-24-2005, 07:38 PM
  2. What does the "nomce" cheatcode do?
    By SunnyB in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-24-2004, 09:28 PM
  3. "tohd" cheatcode
    By boehmb in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-03-2004, 06:56 PM
  4. The "expert" cheatcode
    By academic in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-26-2003, 08:48 AM
  5. The" knoppix wheelmouse" cheatcode has no effect
    By Adrian in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-16-2003, 06:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00 picture

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00

$1619.30



Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003 picture

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003

$639.69



BROADCOM 05-50077-01 PCI-E 4.0 x8 PCI-Express MegaRAID 9560-8i RAID Controller picture

BROADCOM 05-50077-01 PCI-E 4.0 x8 PCI-Express MegaRAID 9560-8i RAID Controller

$714.99



9300-8i LSI SAS3008 8-Port 12Gb PCIe IT mode ZFS FreeNAS unRAID 2*SFF-8643 US picture

9300-8i LSI SAS3008 8-Port 12Gb PCIe IT mode ZFS FreeNAS unRAID 2*SFF-8643 US

$49.50



Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller picture

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller

$64.99



OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad 4 Bay RAID Storage Enclosure USB 3.1 Gen 2 No Drives picture

OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad 4 Bay RAID Storage Enclosure USB 3.1 Gen 2 No Drives

$149.95



LSI 9260-8i 512MB SAS SATA 8-port PCI-E 6Gb RAID Controller Card US picture

LSI 9260-8i 512MB SAS SATA 8-port PCI-E 6Gb RAID Controller Card US

$29.88



Cisco UCSB-MRAID12G FlexStorage 12G SAS Raid Controller picture

Cisco UCSB-MRAID12G FlexStorage 12G SAS Raid Controller

$23.99



HP controller P3410-69003 NetRAID-1M SCSI 64-bit U160 32MB Cache (PCI) picture

HP controller P3410-69003 NetRAID-1M SCSI 64-bit U160 32MB Cache (PCI)

$359.00



Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD picture

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD

$265.00