-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Thanks for ur reply

Originally Posted by
kooladi
I tried Underscores How-To again..and yet again failed at 70%, so I have given it up for good. I am trying my hand at remastering from Harddisk.
---
The steps you have mentioned, are they the same for remastering from harddisk. I mean, what do i have to do different when remastering from hard disk to select hindi as my default language and US as my default keymap.
Sorry, I have never tried remastering from hard disk. Perhaps that failing at 70% has something to do with hard disk remaster. I think that doing a remastering (copying files from CD) is more safe from booted Knoppix CD. I have even installed knoppix-remaster package in my remastering, so I can start remastering directly from CD without doing any scipts directory 
Don't forget to use DMA mode in ide drives, knoppix-dma. In my 200 GB Seagate Barracuda making isofs takes over 20 minutes without it and about 1 minute with it! It was hard to believe to be true first. so dramatical improvement!
-tapsa-
Similar Threads
-
By mohit.jain.india in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-28-2005, 04:29 PM
-
By djh-world in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-15-2005, 07:08 PM
-
By gessi2000 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 8
Last Post: 12-04-2004, 06:38 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$334.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T14s Laptop 14” Laptop Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$249.99

LENOVO THINKPAD X13 YOGA GEN 1 [email protected] 8GB RAM 256SSD BKLIT BT CAM TOUCH
$189.99

Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070
$1469.00

LENOVO THINKPAD T14 GEN 2i CORE I7-11165G7 2.8GHZ 16GB 256 SSD WCAM WI1 CORD
$245.00

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G2 14-Inch AMD Ryzen R5 5650U 16GB, 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$398.99