Yes. At least from Knoppix 3.8.1 on chmod 1777 /tmp is taken care of in /etc/init.d/knoppix-autoconfig but it is not enough. This is what I have added to the end of knoppix-autoconfig (after last "fi"):
Code:
# Setting right permissions and owners to /tmp/.ICE-unix and /tmp/.X11-unix
mkdir -p /tmp/.ICE-unix 2>/dev/null
chown -R root:root /tmp/.ICE-unix 2>/dev/null
chmod 1777 /tmp/.ICE-unix 2>/dev/null
mkdir -p /tmp/.X11-unix 2>/dev/null
chown -R root:root /tmp/.X11-unix 2>/dev/null
chmod 1777 /tmp/.X11-unix 2>/dev/null
I'm not a programmer and don't know if the syntax is perferctly right but it works for me

Please look at your /home/knoppix/.xsession-errors so you see, why /tmp/.X11-unix and /tmp/.ICE-unix should also be taken care of.
I am sorry for asking again but is the procedure same when doing remastering from hard disk. I am using nelsons script (who is not replying to any of my posts and PM's to him ) and it gives me no option for chroot.
Pls help