-
Emergency!!! Please Help
hi, I have been trying to re-master Knoppix only with limited success.
I started with Knoppix 3.9 but then switched to Knoppix 3.8.2 after reading some posts here.
Now, I have tried both the methods of Re-Mastering
a) I have followed Underscore's How-to Line by Line but I face a rather strange problem . During the CD copying process on to the hard disk, the copying process just breaks at 70 % without giving any errors. I have tried this with three different burners, three versions of knoppix (3.6,3.9.3.8.2) and three different CD's also (for each version) with the same result. Anyone...pls anyone..tell me why is it happening.
b) Having failed with my eariler attempts, I tried using mlopes script for re-mastering Knoppix through a HD install. My ultimate aim is to devlop a knoppix version which is localized i.e in my mother tounge. As long as I am just removing and adding softwares, the script works fine..(thank god) but when I add the international packages for my locale and change it to my language and then try the script again . It gives me an error (which i think is because it scrolls by quite fast) missing boot.cfg. It creates an ISO which when booted just gets stuck by displaying the "LInux in use" splash screen half.
Ill really appreciate if any of you guys can help me. I havent slept for the last four days..and I have no energy left. Trust me..guys..am really desperate..
Similar Threads
-
By mohit.jain.india in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-28-2005, 04:29 PM
-
By djh-world in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-15-2005, 07:08 PM
-
By gessi2000 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 8
Last Post: 12-04-2004, 06:38 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Samsung Planet First 8GB 2Rx4 PC3-10600R
$341.00

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC
$349.99

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00

Samsung 32GB 2Rx4 DDR4 PC4-2133P M393A4K40BB0-CPB4Q ECC Server Memory Module
$150.00

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.55

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)
$89.99