-
Senior Member
registered user
Now, I have tried both the methods of Re-Mastering
a) I have followed Underscore's How-to Line by Line but I face a rather strange problem . During the CD copying process on to the hard disk, the copying process just breaks at 70 % without giving any errors. I have tried this with three different burners, three versions of knoppix (3.6,3.9.3.8.2) and three different CD's also (for each version) with the same result. Anyone...pls anyone..tell me why is it happening.
As far I can tell, this is a bug but not a dangerous bug. It may stop at 70% but I have seen no evidence to support the idea that it is incomplete or there was data corruption. If I experience the 70% bug, I just disregard it.
b) Having failed with my eariler attempts, I tried using mlopes script for re-mastering Knoppix through a HD install. My ultimate aim is to devlop a knoppix version which is localized i.e in my mother tounge. As long as I am just removing and adding softwares, the script works fine..(thank god) but when I add the international packages for my locale and change it to my language and then try the script again . It gives me an error (which i think is because it scrolls by quite fast) missing boot.cfg. It creates an ISO which when booted just gets stuck by displaying the "LInux in use" splash screen half.
I have no experience with localization or internationalization. Sorry.
Similar Threads
-
By mohit.jain.india in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-28-2005, 04:29 PM
-
By djh-world in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-15-2005, 07:08 PM
-
By gessi2000 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 8
Last Post: 12-04-2004, 06:38 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU
$11.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49

Matched Pair _ Intel Xeon E5-2698 V4 2.2GHz 20-Core Processor CPU LGA2011 SR2JW
$94.99

DELL Precision T3420 | Xeon 1240v6 | 525GB SSD |16GB RAM |Nvidia GPU |Win11
$149.00

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99