-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Thanks for ur reply

Originally Posted by
kooladi
I tried Underscores How-To again..and yet again failed at 70%, so I have given it up for good. I am trying my hand at remastering from Harddisk.
---
The steps you have mentioned, are they the same for remastering from harddisk. I mean, what do i have to do different when remastering from hard disk to select hindi as my default language and US as my default keymap.
Sorry, I have never tried remastering from hard disk. Perhaps that failing at 70% has something to do with hard disk remaster. I think that doing a remastering (copying files from CD) is more safe from booted Knoppix CD. I have even installed knoppix-remaster package in my remastering, so I can start remastering directly from CD without doing any scipts directory 
Don't forget to use DMA mode in ide drives, knoppix-dma. In my 200 GB Seagate Barracuda making isofs takes over 20 minutes without it and about 1 minute with it! It was hard to believe to be true first. so dramatical improvement!
-tapsa-
Similar Threads
-
By mohit.jain.india in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-28-2005, 04:29 PM
-
By djh-world in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-15-2005, 07:08 PM
-
By gessi2000 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 8
Last Post: 12-04-2004, 06:38 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

Vintage Computer Keyboard Northgate OMNIKEY Ultra
$120.00

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99

Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS
$325.99

RESTORED DUAL BOOT Windows 98 SE Plus & XP Pro Vintage Retro Classic Gaming PC
$499.95

VINTAGE AOPEN MODEL SPI-200 200W AT POWER SUPPLY WITH SWITCH DS-PS-8
$34.95

Vintage Emagic Logic 5 / Logic Audio 4.0 Studio Software Box Manuals Serial
$89.99

Brown Leather Suede Brief Case Messenger Tote Book Bag Vintage GH Bass & Co
$85.00

Vintage HP DVD Writer dvd210i Internal IDE Drive Q2116A BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED
$58.85

Vintage Hewlett Packard HP 13181-60074 Circuit Card Assembly / Interface Board.
$135.37