-
Overclockix cannot install to HD
hi, my overclockix does not seem to be able to get past the "moving to home directory" part of the hard drive install. it simply freezes and does absoutely nothing.
any ideas on this?
tom
-
same prob here
i have exact the same prob it just reezing at 60% of copyin home directory and it spits out this error
Can't open /mnt/hdinstall/home/mark2410/.mozilla/default/*/prefs.js: No such file or directory.
but i have no idea y as far as i can tell everything should be ok
help please, pretty please anybody
mark
-
also when I try it on my other CD drive (DVD burner), it still does the same thing.
anyone know about a patch for the install script in overclockix, or perhaps a newer version of the install script for it?
your help would be appreciated.
-
Senior Member
registered user
I just installed the latest version on two computers this weekend. I'm not sure where the failure could be, but since you've added some details from the last time we chatted, I'll see what I can do with the installer.
One difference already in how you install and how I've installed is that I always pick the username knoppix.
-
arkaine, are you saying I should install with username "knoppix" to make it work?
tom
-
wow! it installed. thanks for everything!
tom
-
Senior Member
registered user
There's other stuff to fix once you get installed- default language, get a 2.6 kernel working, sometimes PS/2 mice are not setup correctly in XF86Config-4, services that start, hw detection being enable by default no matter if you isntalled debian style or knoppix style... little stuff, but quite annoying if you don't know the internals of debian/knoppix. Post back if you want some help. I'm making a patch and will try to correct the installer in the next release.
Similar Threads
-
By Overclocked Unix in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-06-2006, 03:04 AM
-
By kevtech in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-14-2005, 10:29 AM
-
By encryptedmatrix in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-01-2005, 04:39 PM
-
By BaltikaTroika in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-26-2004, 04:33 AM
-
By jshah329 in forum General Support
Replies: 17
Last Post: 03-23-2004, 08:27 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$488.00

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99

Dell Poweredge R620 10x 2.5" bay with 256GB (16x16gb) DDR3, 2x E5-2690v2, H710
$349.99

Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server
$349.99