Have you checked this post.Originally Posted by johncarlson21
I would just like to say that I love Knoppix....![]()
I am going to college and I was wondering if there was a program to use that I can set up a vpn into my school network...![]()
I looked through the forum and I haven't seen anything about vpn yet... could someone please help me out?
Thanks in advance...[/b]
Have you checked this post.Originally Posted by johncarlson21
that post didn't help me... I want to great a vpn connection to my school network not a vpn server.... so if you have any ideas let me know...
thanks...
What sort of VPN is it?
I need a client vpn I want to vpn into my school... thanks for the reply
You must find out what kind of VPN that is. At our university they use Cisco VPN Client for wireless connections, and they also provide a Linux kernel module builder for that. Runs perfectly on a Knoppix HD installOriginally Posted by johncarlson21
![]()
What about Checkpoint Firewall 1, any body have any thoughts / experience with setting up a VPN client to connect to CPFW1?
I'm wanting to do similar. What I'm using is pptp for my vpn which goes to an Astaro firewall. (another fine linux distro I might add) Now me being a winblows guy at this point, I wouldn't understand why it would matter what you're vpn'ing into, just the protocols right?
ok, no replys so I'm assuming I'm right.![]()

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99
Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00
DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95
Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$318.99
Seagate ST4000NM0034 Enterprise 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s HDD v4
$39.00
Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$14.99
Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99
HGST HUS726060ALE610 0F23001 6TB HDD 3.5" SATA 6Gb/s 7.2K Hard Drive (V6315)
$69.95
Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS
$184.99
(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE
$199.99