Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: VPN....

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    21

    VPN....

    I would just like to say that I love Knoppix....
    I am going to college and I was wondering if there was a program to use that I can set up a vpn into my school network...
    I looked through the forum and I haven't seen anything about vpn yet... could someone please help me out?
    Thanks in advance...[/b]

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479

    Re: VPN....

    Quote Originally Posted by johncarlson21
    I would just like to say that I love Knoppix....
    I am going to college and I was wondering if there was a program to use that I can set up a vpn into my school network...
    I looked through the forum and I haven't seen anything about vpn yet... could someone please help me out?
    Thanks in advance...[/b]
    Have you checked this post.

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    21

    VPN....

    that post didn't help me... I want to great a vpn connection to my school network not a vpn server.... so if you have any ideas let me know...
    thanks...

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3
    What sort of VPN is it?

  5. #5
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    21

    vpn

    I need a client vpn I want to vpn into my school... thanks for the reply

  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,159

    Re: vpn

    Quote Originally Posted by johncarlson21
    I need a client vpn I want to vpn into my school... thanks for the reply
    You must find out what kind of VPN that is. At our university they use Cisco VPN Client for wireless connections, and they also provide a Linux kernel module builder for that. Runs perfectly on a Knoppix HD install

  7. #7
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    228
    What about Checkpoint Firewall 1, any body have any thoughts / experience with setting up a VPN client to connect to CPFW1?

  8. #8
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    12
    I'm wanting to do similar. What I'm using is pptp for my vpn which goes to an Astaro firewall. (another fine linux distro I might add) Now me being a winblows guy at this point, I wouldn't understand why it would matter what you're vpn'ing into, just the protocols right?

  9. #9
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    12
    ok, no replys so I'm assuming I'm right.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray picture

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray

$174.99



Pair ID-COOLING A8-SP3 CPU Heatsink Coolers and AMD EPYC 7601 32 Core Processors picture

Pair ID-COOLING A8-SP3 CPU Heatsink Coolers and AMD EPYC 7601 32 Core Processors

$290.00



AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1) picture

AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)

$189.00



Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11 picture

Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11

$250.00



AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.20GHz Quad Core 100-000000510 8 Thread AM4 picture

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.20GHz Quad Core 100-000000510 8 Thread AM4

$279.99



Apple Macbook Pro 13

Apple Macbook Pro 13" M1 8-Core 16GB 512GB - Good

$464.99



AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor NEW picture

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor NEW

$399.00



Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2  / SR19W   3.30GHz 25MB  8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011 picture

Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011

$30.00



SGIN 17.3

SGIN 17.3" Laptop Intel Quad-Core Up to 2.4 GHZ 8GB RAM 256GB SSD HD

$229.99



Apple Macbook Pro 13

Apple Macbook Pro 13" M1 8-Core 16GB 256GB - Good

$474.99