-
Senior Member
registered user
I get a different error when using qtparted. I've never seen this error before this school year, but now I see it on about 33% of my hdinstalls!
When I try to resize the XP partition (VFAT32) from roughly 40GB to about 20GB to make room for the linux installation, I get the following error:
Code:
An error happen during ped_file_system_open call
after resizing but before creating or committing, or:
Code:
An error happen during ped_file_system_resize call
after creating the an ext3 (19GB) partition and a linux-swap partition (whatever's left) and committing the changes.
I tried the cheat given above
Code:
knoppix nofstab noswap
on the outside chance that this would help (I've been pulling my hair out for months over this and am now desperate to get these PCs up and running dual-boots) but it didn't help. I get the same errors.
What's wrong with this?
Please help,
AJG
Similar Threads
-
By Sky in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 02-05-2006, 04:37 PM
-
By passion_wheel1974 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-18-2005, 11:06 PM
-
By phsieh in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-14-2004, 06:23 PM
-
By marlinswin in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 10
Last Post: 07-07-2003, 03:50 AM
-
By shaun in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-26-2003, 10:52 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00

Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP
$299.00

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC
$115.00

ZimaBoard 2 1664 Home Server 16GB
$350.00

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95

1U Rackmount PC Intel Core i5-2520M 8GB RAM 500GB HDD Ubuntu Linux Server
$109.99

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99

Sun Enterprise e450 400mhz cpu(x4), 4gb ram, 9gb HD w/spud most complete on ebay
$500.00