i searched for my error message and didn't find anything, so i'm starting this new thread. i tried booting a knoppix CD on my friend's windows 98 gateway, but it said, "Disk error 10, AX = 4280, drive EF".
i searched for my error message and didn't find anything, so i'm starting this new thread. i tried booting a knoppix CD on my friend's windows 98 gateway, but it said, "Disk error 10, AX = 4280, drive EF".
At what point did it say this? Had it printed out anything before this? Was this before of after the Knoppix boot prompt?
Did you follow all of the instructions in the downloading faq, including all burning instructions for your software and cautions about checking the md5 sum and burning at a slow speed?
This was after the boot prompt. I probably didn't burn it at a slow speed.
It's probably a bad burn.Originally Posted by Use her name.
Also, Did you check the md5 sum?
If that doesn't fix it, then it would be helpful to tell us how far it is getting in the boot process (what was said right before that problem). And maybe even to use the expert cheat code and step through the boot process manually (take notes while you do).
I'ts got nothing to do with speed and every thing to do with weather or not you burned the compact disc as a bootable datacd or as a bootable iso cd or cd like you use to insytall windows. So I suggedt you go back to your burnning application and select burn as bootable iso cd (international Standerds Organization).
Sorry newbie, but you're dead wrong. Perhaps you should read the forums a bit before giving out advice like this. We have seem many, many cases of the burn speed directly affecting the result, like this one and this one or even this. I don't like that fast speed burns are not reliable. I didn't even want to believe it myself before I became convinced of it, but at least I didn't post saying that others had given out bad information before I had the facts. Sure, the other burning steps are important too. That's why I pointed Use her name to the downloading (and burning) faq. But don't start posting here claims that burning speed doesn't matter, too many people know better and will call you on it.Originally Posted by KNoppix newbi

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00
External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99
Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99
Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1746.47
Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot
$129.99
Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070
$1469.00
Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99
Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$24.99