-
ICQ-install and installing packages in generall
hi, I'm a linux user for 2,5 years now but always used SUSE LINUX
but now I am sick of it and made the decission to install my live-knoppix-cd (3.9) on my hdd. how I expected I have a few problems ^^:
I just have the CDversion of knoppix and not the DVD so I miss some software. especially my icq-client. on suse I used to have licq and sim-icq, but I couldn't install either of them. sim-icq couldn't be installed because of missing qt-packages and licq was installed succesfully but doesn't want to start.
how do I install programs/packages propery? on SUSE I was used to make use of f**** YaST2 and it was as easy as going to the toilet. I read that knoppix is like debian when installed but how do I load packages
e.g.: sim icq: http://sim-icq.sourceforge.net/de/download.shtml
can someone please help me at the first steps? or is it recommended to install the 'real' debian instead of knoppix?
Similar Threads
-
By knithx in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-27-2006, 09:26 PM
-
By jsweatte in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 7
Last Post: 01-27-2005, 05:22 PM
-
By HewJass in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 5
Last Post: 01-20-2005, 04:34 AM
-
By pankajgadhari in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-19-2003, 04:33 PM
-
By gtgoku in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-07-2003, 07:02 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung MLT-R116 Imaging Unit Xpress M2625 M2675 M2825 M2875 M2885 M3015 OEM NEW
$49.99

New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW
$120.00

Samsung 990 EVO Plus 2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe Internal SSD 7,250MB/s
$285.00

Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3/ 64 gig/WIFI
$85.00

Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung
$119.99

Samsung SCXSTP000, SCX-STP000 (Swingline Staple Cartridge - 3 Refills)
$57.99

Magnetic Leather Flip Case with Stand for Samsung Tab S9 S9+ S10+ S10 Ultra
$20.99

Kids Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab A9+/A9 plus 11 Inch 2023 Case, with Strap, Shoc
$27.99

QTY 100 Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 4 Pro 10.1” Case, Black
$500.00

Samsung Notebook 9 Pen Touchscreen 2-in-1 Motherboard NP930SBE-K01US
$111.45