-
Ubuntu/GNOME Problem after Running GIS-Knoppix LiveCD
I tried the GISKnoppix LiveCD on my up-to-date Ubuntu 5.04 installation. I
downloaded the ISO 27Aug2005 and verified the MD5. I
burned a CD and booted it. It came up fine, and I tried a number of the
applications. I did not save anything (knowingly) to local disk, but I did
access the local disk to verify that it was mounted.
Now when I cold boot Ubuntu, there is a 5 MINUTE (!) delay between typing my
username/password and seeing the GNOME Desktop. In between, the mouse works, but
all I get is a blank tan screen. Once it comes up, everything seems to be in
order. I notice no further delays.
I can log into the machine via SSH over a LAN during the delay period, and the
machine appears to be running just fine.
The LiveCD (which uses KDE) obviously scrogged something. Can anybody give me a
hint how to get my system back to its nice, fast performance?
I'm guessing the LiveCD somehow messed up the HW probe, but what to do next is a
mystery to me.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Similar Threads
-
By walter.r in forum Klik
Replies: 5
Last Post: 12-24-2006, 10:07 PM
-
By secksy-guy in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-10-2005, 05:13 PM
-
By jsavage in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-26-2005, 12:05 PM
-
By bernstine in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-26-2005, 09:29 AM
-
By bdn103 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 5
Last Post: 01-21-2005, 05:20 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR
$23.00

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT)
$700.00

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$67.99

INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG
$299.99

LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5
$768.00