Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: How do I change the resolution?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    50

    How do I change the resolution?

    Hi, Having got Knoppix up and running I can only use 640x480 resoluion. I have tried cheat code screen=1024x768, but it makes no difference. Am I typing it at the right point? (The first chance I have to type anything?)

    When I check display settings I only have the one 640x460 choice.

    Thanks for your help,

    Rich

    (Took this question out of my previous post, thought it might get buried in there and might be hard to see for others with similar problems!)

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    Only one place to type it. You can type the F2 key at that poinr to get more help. Are you typing the name Knoppix too, or just the screen= stuff?

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    50
    Yes I am typing "knoppix screen=1024x768" but with no effect?

  4. #4
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Kuhman
    Only one place to type it. You can type the F2 key at that point to get more help. Are you typing the name Knoppix too, or just the screen= stuff?
    ---
    Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.

  5. #5
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    50
    I tried F2 but to no avail, it still doesn't make a difference.

    I tried fb=1024x768 appended to knoppix as well.

    Does knoppix have to be Knoppix? Is it case sensitive?

  6. #6
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    Quote Originally Posted by giant_toaster
    Does knoppix have to be Knoppix? Is it case sensitive?
    In versioon 3.7 ot could be knoppix or knoppix26. It is the name of the kernel file that is loaded. Version 2.6 (as opposed to 2.4) of the kernel is now the default, so I think that it's the only viable option to run knoppix, although memtest will load a copy of memtest86 for you. I don't know anout case sensitivity, and am not in a position to test that at the moment. I just type it as instructed and it becomes a non-issue.

    Oh, and if I remember right, expert, used in place of knoppix in this line, is the proper way to start the expert bootup sequence which steps you through and asks questions as it decides what hardware tests to run.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    1
    do you have integrated graphics?
    i had a problem changing resolutions when i was using integrated graphics.

  8. #8
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    50
    Yes i do have Intel Integrated graphics. What did you do?

    I'm going home to try out those different kernel settings today.

    Hopefully it will work...

Similar Threads

  1. trying to change my monitor's resolution
    By Albretch in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-05-2008, 04:23 PM
  2. Can't change resolution
    By yakirz in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-12-2005, 10:52 PM
  3. How to change screen resolution
    By mheight in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-15-2004, 12:54 PM
  4. Can't change resolution
    By timeo27 in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-08-2003, 04:34 AM
  5. who do i change resolution?
    By ndori in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-07-2003, 10:47 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM picture

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM

$1499.00



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001 picture

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001

$245.00



Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD

$99.99



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$524.99



Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO picture

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO

$308.00



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$409.99



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb

$374.99



RDS CAL - Remote Desktop Services Windows Server 2019 50 User/Device Connections picture

RDS CAL - Remote Desktop Services Windows Server 2019 50 User/Device Connections

$63.00



A Mini Windows Server w Xeon E3 Processor & (2) 500GB Hard Drive-Home/Industrial picture

A Mini Windows Server w Xeon E3 Processor & (2) 500GB Hard Drive-Home/Industrial

$319.00