Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Knoppix 3.9 HDD install problems

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    2

    Knoppix 3.9 HDD install problems

    I have followed the instructions as outlined : http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Hd_Install_HowTo

    From the boot: prompt I have typed 'sudo knoppix-installer' and receive the following message :
    'Could not find kernal image : sudo'

    I thought it may be a corrupt copy but I have downloaded it twice and I get the same message.
    What am I doing wrong I'm I missing something simple here ! Both copies boot fine from the CD rom fine.

    I have searched the forums etc. but I can not find an answer.

    Much appreciated for all your help.

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    62
    How about just "knoppix-installer" in the Root Shell? Does that work, or do you get the same errors?

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    2
    Similar response :

    'Could not find kernal image : knoppix-installer'

    What next ?

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY USA
    Posts
    1,510
    You are a bit confused. You must do the knoppix-installer WAY later and not at the boot prompt.. For now at the boot prompt, just press the ENTER key. Knoppix will boot & load. When it gets to a desktop, THEN open a command line konsole window and try the knoppix-installer command.

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix install problems!
    By xtjacob in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-13-2010, 02:58 AM
  2. Knoppix 5.3.1 HDD install boot problems
    By j-mark in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-16-2009, 04:16 PM
  3. iscsi problems on knoppix hd install
    By 3p0cHx in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-26-2007, 06:38 PM
  4. Knoppix 3.8.1 Install Problems
    By tilleyrw in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-21-2005, 04:58 PM
  5. Compilation problems under HDD install of Knoppix
    By karl in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-14-2004, 11:25 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray picture

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray

$174.99



Clear Touch Interactive Module CTI PCMOD PC55 ST i5 6core,8GB DDR4,256GB SSD NEW picture

Clear Touch Interactive Module CTI PCMOD PC55 ST i5 6core,8GB DDR4,256GB SSD NEW

$225.00



AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1) picture

AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)

$189.00



Intel Core i9-9900 SRG18 3.10GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i9-9900 SRG18 3.10GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor

$177.21



Dell - XPS 13.4

Dell - XPS 13.4" 3K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 5 Series 3 320 2026 - 8GB...

$599.99



AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor NEW picture

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor NEW

$399.00



AMD Ryzen 7 9850X3D 8-Core 16-Thread 5.6GHz 120W AM5 CPU 100-100001973WOF picture

AMD Ryzen 7 9850X3D 8-Core 16-Thread 5.6GHz 120W AM5 CPU 100-100001973WOF

$435.99



Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake 8-Core, 16-Thread, 3.6 GHz (LGA 1151) picture

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake 8-Core, 16-Thread, 3.6 GHz (LGA 1151)

$189.99



Dell Optiplex 7060 SFF Intel Core i5-8500 3GHz 8GB RAM No HDD No OS picture

Dell Optiplex 7060 SFF Intel Core i5-8500 3GHz 8GB RAM No HDD No OS

$85.99



Intel Core i7-9700 3.0 GHz Octo-Core (SRG13) Processor picture

Intel Core i7-9700 3.0 GHz Octo-Core (SRG13) Processor

$79.00