Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Knoppix 3.9 HDD install problems

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    2

    Knoppix 3.9 HDD install problems

    I have followed the instructions as outlined : http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Hd_Install_HowTo

    From the boot: prompt I have typed 'sudo knoppix-installer' and receive the following message :
    'Could not find kernal image : sudo'

    I thought it may be a corrupt copy but I have downloaded it twice and I get the same message.
    What am I doing wrong I'm I missing something simple here ! Both copies boot fine from the CD rom fine.

    I have searched the forums etc. but I can not find an answer.

    Much appreciated for all your help.

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    62
    How about just "knoppix-installer" in the Root Shell? Does that work, or do you get the same errors?

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    2
    Similar response :

    'Could not find kernal image : knoppix-installer'

    What next ?

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY USA
    Posts
    1,510
    You are a bit confused. You must do the knoppix-installer WAY later and not at the boot prompt.. For now at the boot prompt, just press the ENTER key. Knoppix will boot & load. When it gets to a desktop, THEN open a command line konsole window and try the knoppix-installer command.

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix install problems!
    By xtjacob in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-13-2010, 02:58 AM
  2. Knoppix 5.3.1 HDD install boot problems
    By j-mark in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-16-2009, 04:16 PM
  3. iscsi problems on knoppix hd install
    By 3p0cHx in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-26-2007, 06:38 PM
  4. Knoppix 3.8.1 Install Problems
    By tilleyrw in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-21-2005, 04:58 PM
  5. Compilation problems under HDD install of Knoppix
    By karl in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-14-2004, 11:25 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Samsung PM9A1 1TB NVMe M.2 SSD PCIe Gen4 x4 MZ-VL21T0A 2280 OEM Tested picture

Samsung PM9A1 1TB NVMe M.2 SSD PCIe Gen4 x4 MZ-VL21T0A 2280 OEM Tested

$105.00



Dell Latitude 14

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$427.48



External SSD 1TB 2TB  Portable Hard Drive USB 3.1 Type-C High Speed PC Mac picture

External SSD 1TB 2TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.1 Type-C High Speed PC Mac

$15.99



Apple Macbook Pro 16

Apple Macbook Pro 16" M1 Max 10-Core 32GB 1TB - Good

$1099.99



HP ZBook Fury G8 15.6'' Intel Xeon W-11955M 2.6GHz 64GB RAM 1TB SSD RTX A2000 picture

HP ZBook Fury G8 15.6'' Intel Xeon W-11955M 2.6GHz 64GB RAM 1TB SSD RTX A2000

$599.99



Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb

$1769.85



Acer Aspire 14

Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb

$465.02



SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM picture

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM

$159.99



Dell Latitude 14

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$288.98



External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac picture

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac

$19.99