Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: "bootfrom=" cheatcode with 4.0 dvd ISO image?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Posts
    2

    "bootfrom=" cheatcode with 4.0 dvd ISO image?

    I used an an ISO image on hard disk to boot 3.7 and 3.9 with the "bootfrom=" cheat code. I have an ISO image of 4.0 on my disk now. I can boot the same image from a DVD fine, but when I try to boot from the image on the hard disk, I get a message telling me that there are two images there, and it fails back tro the DVD for boot.

    After poking around a bit, I see there is /cdrom/KNOPPIX and /cdrom/KNOPPIX2 on the dvd.

    Any one have a way to make the "bootfrom=" cheatcode work with the DVD ISO image?

    Thanks
    Star Gazer

  2. #2
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Menlo Park, California
    Posts
    674

    Re: "bootfrom=" cheatcode with 4.0 dvd ISO image?

    Quote Originally Posted by star_gazer09
    I used an an ISO image on hard disk to boot 3.7 and 3.9 with the "bootfrom=" cheat code. I have an ISO image of 4.0 on my disk now. I can boot the same image from a DVD fine, but when I try to boot from the image on the hard disk, I get a message telling me that there are two images there, and it fails back tro the DVD for boot.
    After poking around a bit, I see there is /cdrom/KNOPPIX and /cdrom/KNOPPIX2 on the dvd.
    Any one have a way to make the "bootfrom=" cheatcode work with the DVD ISO image?
    Thanks, Star Gazer
    Done, look in here: http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...1796&start=250
    Please let me know if it works for you as well.
    Best Regards,
    Gilles

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Posts
    2
    I checked that thread, and it seemed to concentrate on using grub to boot an image from a hard disk without using the DVD rom. I'm just trying to boot the image using the dvd in the drive as I had before.

    If I read the thread correctly, in order to do that I'd have to remaster the image and change the init script?

    Sorry, I've mostly been a programmer and user, not making custom installs.

    Thanks for the reference,
    sg9

Similar Threads

  1. "bootfrom" cheatcode not working in K3.8 CeBIT edi
    By tbobz in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-24-2005, 07:38 PM
  2. What does the "nomce" cheatcode do?
    By SunnyB in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-24-2004, 09:28 PM
  3. "tohd" cheatcode
    By boehmb in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-03-2004, 06:56 PM
  4. The "expert" cheatcode
    By academic in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-26-2003, 08:48 AM
  5. The" knoppix wheelmouse" cheatcode has no effect
    By Adrian in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-16-2003, 06:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OEM Genuine 86WH 69KF2 Battery For Dell XPS 15 9500 Precision 5550 M59JH M15 M17 picture

OEM Genuine 86WH 69KF2 Battery For Dell XPS 15 9500 Precision 5550 M59JH M15 M17

$45.49



OEM 68Wh 3HWPP Battery For Dell Latitude 5401 5501 5410 5510 E5411 E5511 picture

OEM 68Wh 3HWPP Battery For Dell Latitude 5401 5501 5410 5510 E5411 E5511

$28.99



OEM Genuine 62WH 6MT4T Battery For Dell Latitude E5470 E5570 6MT4T 07V69Y 7V69Y picture

OEM Genuine 62WH 6MT4T Battery For Dell Latitude E5470 E5570 6MT4T 07V69Y 7V69Y

$36.66



Genuine OEM 63Wh 7FMXV Battery For Dell Latitude 5320 7320 7420 7520 4M1JN TN2GY picture

Genuine OEM 63Wh 7FMXV Battery For Dell Latitude 5320 7320 7420 7520 4M1JN TN2GY

$32.99



OEM Genuine 42Wh WDX0R For DELL Inspiron WDXOR Battery 15 5567 5568 13 5368 7368 picture

OEM Genuine 42Wh WDX0R For DELL Inspiron WDXOR Battery 15 5567 5568 13 5368 7368

$22.99



OEM 68Wh 3HWPP Battery For Dell Latitude 5401 5411 15 5501 5511 Precision 3541 picture

OEM 68Wh 3HWPP Battery For Dell Latitude 5401 5411 15 5501 5511 Precision 3541

$35.78



Lot of 5 Dell OEM 65W 7.4mm 19.5V 3.34A AC Adapters Mixed Models B Grade picture

Lot of 5 Dell OEM 65W 7.4mm 19.5V 3.34A AC Adapters Mixed Models B Grade

$39.99



OEM 74WH 357F9 Battery For Dell Inspiron 15 7559 i7559 7557 i7557 5577 7567 5576 picture

OEM 74WH 357F9 Battery For Dell Inspiron 15 7559 i7559 7557 i7557 5577 7567 5576

$26.99



OEM Genuine 95WH PKWVM C903V Battery 7550 For Dell Precision CR72X 17C06 447VR picture

OEM Genuine 95WH PKWVM C903V Battery 7550 For Dell Precision CR72X 17C06 447VR

$37.40



OEM 97Wh NYFJH Battery For Dell Precision 7530 7540 7730 7740 P74F P34E Series picture

OEM 97Wh NYFJH Battery For Dell Precision 7530 7540 7730 7740 P74F P34E Series

$30.99