what does
cat /proc/bus/usb/devices
tell you?
Whether I plug it in prior to boot or after, it does not work. If I put it in prior to boot, the systems does not even start (it stays at autoconfigure).
If I put it in after the system is up and running it just freezes. I am using Bonzai USB drive (SimpleTech 265 MB SD card inside).
I was thinking of putting my home dir on that thingy, but to no avail.
I am using knoppix 3.2, dated 15-04-2003 on different Compaq machines (Evo desktop, Evo 660 NC notebook, Deskpro (old Pentium II)). Same stuff.
Ideas welcome!
Miha.
what does
cat /proc/bus/usb/devices
tell you?
most likely a custom kernel(well actually just the USB storage driver) is needed.

Genuine OEM Apple MagSafe 2 45W AC Adapter Charger for Macbook Air 2015 11" 13"
$14.24
Genuine Apple Power Adapter Extension Cable 6FT White OEM MacBook MK122LL/A
$10.99
Open Box Apple OEM 30W USB-C Power Adapter MW2G3AM/A - A2164
$15.99
NEW Original OEM 60W Charger for 2012 2013 2014 2015 APPLE 13" MacBook Pro A1435
$25.95
Lot of 10 Genuine OEM Apple 87W USB-C Power Adapter A1719 for Macbook Pro
$179.99
OEM 45w T-Tip Power Adapter charger for Apple macbook air 2012-2017 A1436 A1466
$19.99
Apple 40W Dynamic Power Adapter 60W Max for iPhone/iPad/AirPods/MacBooks OEM
$17.99
OEM Apple 45W A1436 Power Charger AC Adapter for MacBook Air MagSafe 2
$12.99
Lot of 100 OEM Apple Magsafe 2 45W AC Adapter A1436 with Power Cable - Grade D
$339.99
Genuine Apple OEM A2164 30W USB-C AC Power Adapter with USB-C Cable, Very Good
$21.05