Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Knoppix 3.9 on Dell Latitude D505 ???

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1

    Knoppix 3.9 on Dell Latitude D505 ???

    Knoppix 3.7 works very fine on my notebook, but the 3.9 not.
    Every time I boot it, the resolution is always 640 x 480 and I can't change it.

    Any suggestion ?

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3
    I have a D505 and I had the same problem with 3.9 and 4.0 until I installed 4.0 to the hard drive then the screen resolution problem went away. Note that I like 4.0 a lot but its a little buggy.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1

    latitude d505

    I've been having trouble with v 3.9 on my d505 also. I get an x-server error during boot up.

    I have tried some of the cheat codes and also seen some posts that suggest that the x-server error may be due to a flaw on the CD.

    I'll keep digging for an answer.

Similar Threads

  1. knoppix 5.1.1 on Dell Latitude C640
    By hx129 in forum Laptops
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-17-2007, 08:02 AM
  2. Knoppix on Dell Latitude
    By JerryM in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-26-2007, 10:45 PM
  3. vff4.iso video refresh rate on Dell D505
    By Steve F in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-06-2005, 02:34 AM
  4. knoppix 3.7 on dell latitude CPi D266
    By konik in forum Laptops
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-29-2005, 12:23 AM
  5. Dell Latutude D505 - xserver problem
    By stamag in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-06-2005, 07:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


HP PROLIANT  TPS-W003 MICRO- SERVER TOWER Gen 8, 16G RAM picture

HP PROLIANT TPS-W003 MICRO- SERVER TOWER Gen 8, 16G RAM

$195.00



Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset picture

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset

$129.99



Supermicro 505-2   Server picture

Supermicro 505-2 Server

$280.00



Supermicro CSE-216 No CPU No Ram No HDD Tested & Reset picture

Supermicro CSE-216 No CPU No Ram No HDD Tested & Reset

$149.99



HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS picture

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS

$199.00



HP Proliant MicroServer Gen8, 4.5TB,  (4) HDD,  EXCELLENT COND. picture

HP Proliant MicroServer Gen8, 4.5TB, (4) HDD, EXCELLENT COND.

$625.00



Supermicro 1027GR-TSF 1U Rackmount Server 2x Xeon 2.3GHz 128GB DDR3 picture

Supermicro 1027GR-TSF 1U Rackmount Server 2x Xeon 2.3GHz 128GB DDR3

$219.99



Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram  240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ* picture

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*

$369.99



Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset picture

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset

$129.99



Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC picture

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC

$187.50