Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Knoppix 3.9 on Dell Latitude D505 ???

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1

    Knoppix 3.9 on Dell Latitude D505 ???

    Knoppix 3.7 works very fine on my notebook, but the 3.9 not.
    Every time I boot it, the resolution is always 640 x 480 and I can't change it.

    Any suggestion ?

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3
    I have a D505 and I had the same problem with 3.9 and 4.0 until I installed 4.0 to the hard drive then the screen resolution problem went away. Note that I like 4.0 a lot but its a little buggy.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1

    latitude d505

    I've been having trouble with v 3.9 on my d505 also. I get an x-server error during boot up.

    I have tried some of the cheat codes and also seen some posts that suggest that the x-server error may be due to a flaw on the CD.

    I'll keep digging for an answer.

Similar Threads

  1. knoppix 5.1.1 on Dell Latitude C640
    By hx129 in forum Laptops
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-17-2007, 08:02 AM
  2. Knoppix on Dell Latitude
    By JerryM in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-26-2007, 10:45 PM
  3. vff4.iso video refresh rate on Dell D505
    By Steve F in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-06-2005, 02:34 AM
  4. knoppix 3.7 on dell latitude CPi D266
    By konik in forum Laptops
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-29-2005, 12:23 AM
  5. Dell Latutude D505 - xserver problem
    By stamag in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-06-2005, 07:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot picture

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot

$573.98



SK HYNIX 32GB 2RX4 PC4 2666V ECC SERVER RAM picture

SK HYNIX 32GB 2RX4 PC4 2666V ECC SERVER RAM

$199.00



Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive picture

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive

$35.00



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot picture

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot

$3.75



Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM  M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q picture

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q

$169.00



A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G picture

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G

$21.68



5 in 1 Memory Card Reader USB 3.0 OTG Adapter SD Card Reader For iPhone/iPad LOT picture

5 in 1 Memory Card Reader USB 3.0 OTG Adapter SD Card Reader For iPhone/iPad LOT

$9.99



SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory picture

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory

$159.98