-
Knopix klicks with windows on dule hadrdrive system.
I recetly put a new 120 gig SATA hdd in my machine as matter of fact I did it over the weekend this last weekend. At first I tride using the new drive for windows but idesided to go back to the oem installed wastern digital 80 gig an reinstall windows on that drive. Then to day I tried loading a bunch of different linux distros but none of them including suse seemed to wanto klick with the new drive. So I downloaded Knoppix and burned a bootable cd of it and it clicked after the second try and I installed knoppix on the new sata drive and now I'm happly dule booting both Knoppix and windows xp spi2 except when i try mto load linux 2.62 it hangs but athe other Knoppix kernal and windows still work. Minus the having to reinstall windows wice and retry the knoppix install twice I came out a winer aand must say that from my former experience with Suse I'm Knoppix and I'm not going back any time soon.
Similar Threads
-
By kraay in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 09-23-2007, 10:48 AM
-
By kaptan in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 08-08-2007, 12:23 AM
-
By jacksonon in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-10-2006, 10:53 AM
-
By pvsurfer in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-02-2005, 06:51 PM
-
By TMcGrath in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-21-2004, 10:41 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested
$159.95

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29

VTG Atari 1200XL Home Computer System 1200 XL ** Tested ** Parts or Repair
$323.75

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

Atari OS & Memory Expansion Cartridges Lot - Untested Possibly For Parts/Repairs
$149.97

Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI
$44.00

SOLD AS IS Lot of 5.25" Floppy Disks w/ Games & Software? Commodore 64 Atari 800
$59.99

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00

UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE
$34.25